Learn a Stitch – Running & Tacking
Learn a Stitch – Running & Tacking from Amazing Craft is a fabulous little kit that will gently guide beginners to sewing through the processes needed to sew a handy needle case while learning how to sew two very important sewing stitches, running and tacking. The kit contains all of the material needed to practise the stitches and to make a felt and binca needle case too.
The 20 page instruction booklet takes the learner through the sewing process, step by step, and is packed with 50 helpful photographs to make the learning more visual. The learner is taught lots of handy little tips to give them a solid foundation for their sewing future including how to properly thread a needle.
The kit contains the following high quality components:
- 2 pieces of 100% binca (one to practise the stitches and one to make the needlecase)
- 1 piece of 30% wool felt (for the middle of the needle case)
- 5m x 6 bright DMC Size 3 Cotton Pearl Threads (shade number 957, 608, 718, 666, 742 and 355)
- 1 British Size 14 metal tapestry needle
- 1 British Size 18 metal chenille needle (PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SHARP NEEDLE)
- 2o page instruction booklet (with 50 photographs)
The kit is suitable for all beginners to sewing over the age of 6.
Some supervision will be needed with young children as the kit does contain a sharp sewing needle.