Teddy Bear Making for Beginners Kit (with glass eyes & cotter pin joints)
Learn how to make a mohair teddy bear with the Amazing Craft Bear Making for Beginners Kit and create Charlie, a 28cm, jointed, mohair teddy bear. This teddy bear kit contains the teddy bear pattern and comprehensive instruction booklet guide you through the processes to complete your bear and the kit contains all of the materials needed to make a traditional teddy bear using mohair, cotter pin joints & British glass eyes.
The instruction booklet has been designed for anyone who can sew but the very clear instructions make it particularly good for those who have never made a teddy bear before. The kit also contains a full size teddy bear pattern (so there is no need to enlarge it) and all of the materials you need.
You can sew this bear completely by hand (back stitch is the main stitch used) or on a sewing machine (there will be a little hand sewing needed). All of the stitches needed are described in the booklet. The kit is also supported by some great ‘How to do it’ videos on our website if you prefer more visual ways of learning.
The instruction booklet also shows you how to use safety eyes and safety joints, should you wish to re-use your pattern and make a child safe teddy in the future.
In your teddy bear kit are all of the materials you need to make your bear packaged in a pretty, re-usable organza bag and include:
- Bear Making For Beginners (Charlie) Instruction Booklet & Teddy Bear Pattern
- 50cm x 50cm piece of German Helmbold Mohair – Amber on Brown (the bear next to the kit in the photo has been made from this mohair)
- 100m reel of DMC Cotton Sewing Thread
- 1 Pair of 8mm Black British Glass Eyes
- 5 x 30mm Cotter Pin Joints
- 2m Extra Strong Thread
- 1m DMC Black Cotton Perle Thread
- 100g Polyfibre Stuffing
- A 13cm Doll Needle
Equipment you will need to make your bear:
- A sewing needle
- A pair of pliers
- A pair of paper scissors
- A pair of embroidery scissors
- Tailor’s chalk or an air erasable pen (to mark around your pattern pieces)